Friday, November 23, 2007

Story of A Young Filipina Woman – The Fighter In Me

Writing is always a remedy for me specially when I am going thru some tough time.

Life was never easy for me. I have encountered so many hardships in my and at a very young age too. So many problems I have faced about…family, financial, relationships and yes…love.

I have loved and lost far too many times that even my friends are wondering how I still manage to keep on falling in love. Could it be that I have a knack for falling for the wrong the guy? Is it because I am always destined to get hurt in the end? (More twisted & frustrating stories about that in my later entries…)

I highly doubt that. I mean even if I have been hurt too many times I am still hopeful and besides…I am still in my early twenties and too young to be bitter in love & in life.

I’m sure that most of us if not all have experienced the pain of losing the one they love most…but try watching your boyfriend die in your arms because of a terminal illness. Yes I did. And it was one of the darkest days of my life. Naranasan mo na bang umiyak na parang wala nang luhang lalabas pa sa mga mata mo? I did.

Then one relationship after another…everything was a failure.

I have a job that is not so glamorous…but hey, it takes care of the bills. I am one of those unfortunate ones who misses living with their fathers because they had to work overseas.

Just a brief description of my life and how it is for me. And you are probably wondering why I am writing all about it here…simply just to share to whoever stumbles into my blog (especially those who are going through some tough time right now) that life really can be so hard (cruel even) sometimes…but there is still hope.

At least that is what I believe.

God has blessed me with a wonderful family and friends who always supports me ano pa man ang pagdaanan ko sa buhay. That being said alone proves that I believe God is with me thru it all and that He has a purpose for me.

My name is Chel Tolentino, I am a Filipina and this is my story.

With this short story (about my life) I am hoping to reach others who are going thru some rough time like me now. Maybe in some way I will be able to give them a glimmer of hope that there is always a brighter day waiting for us. And I believe that if I post this as an entry to Ms. Jenette Toral’s Filipina Blog Writing Contest I will be able to reach more people with my story.

God bless!

2 comments:

Jehzeel Laurente said...

nice.. may entry ka din.. hehe kita kits sa 28 hehe :P

Eilanna said...

sa wakas naman! blogger ka na rin! hehehehe.

well naniniwala naman ako na talagang fighter ka...i've seen it with my own eyes. keep it up! 'wag kang bibitiw! andito lang kami! ;)